This is our go-to bread at home with its easy recipe and delicious taste. Kids enjoy this bread as their school snack(without walnuts) while I enjoy this as afternoon tea cake with a cup of camomile tea.
Prep Time: 30 min
Bake Time: 1 hour 10 min/1 hour 5 min(325F/170C)
Yield : 1 loaf
– 2-3 ripe bananas, all purpose flour 260g, butter 120g, sugar 140g, 2 eggs, 120g plain yogurt, walnut 70g, chocolate chip 80g, vanilla extract 6g, baking soda 5g, baking powder 5g, salt 3g
1. In a medium size bowl, mash bananas until creamy and set aside.
2. In a medium size bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, mix the butter (room temperature) and sugars and make them creamy and beat in the eggs until combined (we used stand mixer).
4. Add vanilla extract to the mashed bananas. Beat until combined and add plain yogurt to the mixture.
5. Mix 3 and 4 to make wet mixture.
6. Then mix wet mixture with dry mixture. Stir gently and just until the flour is mixed incorporated. Do not over stir. And add chocolate chips and walnuts.
7. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake on center rack at 325 F (170C for convection oven) for 1 hour 10 minutes (1 hour 5 min for convection oven). Cooking times may vary. Check on bread at the 60 minute mark (55 min for convection oven). Toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean and bread should be golden on the outside.
8. Let cool for 5 minutes and then remove the bread from the pan and place on a cooling rack to finish cooling.