Who can resist the homemade chocolate pound cake with its finest ingredients? Let’s make chocolate pound cake with this simple yet fall proof recipe!
Prep Time: 30 min
Bake Time: 60 minutes /50 minutes (325F/170C)
Yield : 1 loaf
190g all-purpose flour, 50g unsweetened cocoa powder, 4g teaspoon baking powder, 4g teaspoon fine salt, 227g unsalted butter, 115g dark brown sugar, 115g granulated sugar 2 large eggs, 2 large egg yolks, 90g plain yogurt or butter milk, 10g brewed espresso, 10g hot water, 6g vanilla extract
Chocolate Glaze: dark chocolate, heavy cream
- Arrange a rack in the middle of the oven, making sure there are no racks above it, and heat to 325°F(170C for convection oven). Coat a 9×5-inch metal loaf pan with baking spray, dust with flour, and tap out the excess; set aside.
- Sift the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt through a strainer onto a bowl. Set aside.
- Place the butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer. Mix on low to medium speed until it just begins to be fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl. Beat on medium speed until paler in color, a light caramel brown, and very fluffy, 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Beat in the eggs and yolks one at a time, mixing after each addition until fully incorporated.
- Add half of the flour mixture and beat at low speed until fully combined. Stop the mixer and scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl again.
- Add the plain yogurt, espresso, and vanilla and beat on low to medium-low speed until fully incorporated.
- Add the remaining flour and cocoa mixture and beat on low to medium-low speed until combined.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and spread into an even layer.
- Place the pan on its baking sheet in the oven. Bake for 55min to 65min (45-55 min for convection oven)
- Place the loaf pan on a wire rack and let cool until the cake is no longer warm to the touch
- Make the ganache by mixing heavy cream and dark chocolate in a low-medium heat.
Enjoy this bread with a cup of hot tea or coffee and it will be a true antidote to a hectic day!